Register your Interest below for 2020
A PRACTICAL INTRODUCTION TO TEMPERATE MARINE BIOLOGY
This predominately field-based unit consists of 5 days on picturesque Maria Island on the Tasmanian East Coast. The unit is open to 24 students and is designed to engage, challenge, excite and inspire you through a hands-on marine science program. It will encourage you to explore issues threatening biodiversity as well as the productivity of the marine system. Climate change, invasive species, pollution, debris and their associated social and economic impacts will be covered.
When you apply, you automatically go into the running to win one of nine scholarships to fully fund your marine biologist experience. Scholarship package includes:
- Accommodation, airport transfers and return economy airfares from your nearest capital city to Hobart for our five interstate recipients
- Transport from Hobart to Maria Island return, including ferry crossings
- All catering while on Maria Island
- Hire of all required diving and survey gear
- Field excursion fee of $645 for the program A Practical Introduction to Temperate Marine Biology
View the full terms and conditions (PDF 89.6 KB).